5 Traditional Recipes for Ganesh Chaturthi Puja Prasad
Ganesh Chaturthi is a Hindu festival that marks the birth of Lord Ganesha. It's a time to offer prayers and prepare prasad to offer to the deity. If you're looking for traditional and easy-to-prepare recipes for Ganesh Chaturthi puja prasad, look no further! Here are five recipes that are perfect for the occasion:
- Modak: Modak is a sweet dumpling that is traditionally offered as prasad to Lord Ganesha. To make Modak, mix rice flour and water to form a dough. Heat ghee in a pan and add grated coconut and jaggery. Cook on low heat until the mixture thickens. Let it cool and shape the dough into small cups. Fill each cup with the coconut-jaggery mixture and seal the top. Steam the Modaks for 10-15 minutes and serve hot.
- Puran Poli: Puran Poli is a sweet flatbread that is commonly prepared during Ganesh Chaturthi. To make Puran Poli, mix wheat flour, salt, and water to form a dough. Heat ghee in a pan and add chana dal, jaggery, and cardamom powder. Cook on low heat until the mixture thickens. Let it cool and mash the mixture. Divide the dough and filling into equal portions. Roll each portion of the dough into a small circle and place a portion of the filling in the center. Seal the edges and roll it into a flatbread. Cook on a tawa until it turns golden brown.
- Coconut Barfi: Coconut Barfi is a sweet and delicious dessert that is perfect for offering as prasad. To make Coconut Barfi, heat a pan and roast grated coconut until it turns golden brown. Add condensed milk, cardamom powder, and chopped nuts, and mix well. Pour the mixture into a greased tray and let it cool. Cut into small squares and serve.
- Chakli: Chakli is a crunchy snack that is commonly prepared during Hindu festivals. To make Chakli, mix rice flour, besan, and spices to form a dough. Use a chakli maker to shape the dough into spiral shapes. Fry the Chaklis in hot oil until they turn golden brown.
- Rava Ladoo: Rava Ladoo is a sweet and delicious dessert that is perfect