Flower of the month: Rose
“Roses are red, violets are blue!”
Without a doubt, the above-quoted phrase has got to be one of the most famous one used since childhood. Such is the popularity of these flowers that have been adored for ages. Roses are mostly considered to be a symbolism of love and romance. They also signify great beauty and have a wonderful fragrance.
During Valentine's week, a week is completely devoted to love and romance, Rose day is the first day of this celebration. This is because of the fact that roses are the most significant token of love. It is believed that The Victorians started the culture of exchanging roses to communicate unspoken feelings. There are a variety of shades of the flower and every color stands individually to express something different.
Here is a little guide for you to choose the right rose for all your peeps this February. The meanings of roses depending on its color are as follows:
- Red roses symbolize love, romance, and passion.
- Pink roses symbolize gratitude, grace, appreciation, admiration, and joy.
- Orange roses symbolize excitement, desire, enthusiasm and passion.
- Yellow roses symbolize friendship and joyfulness.
- White roses symbolize innocence, peace, and purity.
The number of roses you give to someone also signifies something:
- One rose is a token of appreciation for the other party’s beauty.
- Two roses signify your deep love and interest for marriage to someone.
- Six roses symbolize a desire to be cherished and loved forever.
- Seven roses mean that you are infatuated to the person.
- Ten roses say that the person receiving is perfect.
- Eleven roses convey the receiver that they are truly, madly, and deeply loved.
- Thirteen roses are used to tell that they have a secret admirer.
Get a bunch of 12, 20 or 30 roses to celebrate your love.
Other uses of roses can be widely seen in the beauty or cosmetics field with products like the rose essential oil, rose water and rose powder. It also has great health benefits like it reduces inflammation of the eyes and skin, balances hormones, promotes restful and peaceful sleep and creates a pleasant mood and alluring ambiance.
This february paint the town red with Rose Bazaar with all our rose offerings and get the flowers that the special people in your life love, delivered right to your doorstep!
Buy our 16 Rose box and get other add ons!